Monday, November 16, 2009

60: Submitted by Nichole B. (Ridgeland, SC)

Hi My name is Nichole and I am from South Carolina and I was appalled by the article. My husband and I have been together for 5 years and married for 4. He only proposed to me 7 months after we met and 2 months after we moved in together. Yes it was a shaky time for us. We go through the same things that all married couples go through. We have no kids as of yet but is hoping that God will bless one day.

Both of our immediate family accepted our love for what it is. We both call each of our parents mom and dad. My mom and mother-in-law are my best friends. We have a very good family support system. What my husband and in-laws do not know about my culture they ask me questions and answer them the best way that I can. I also have a cousin that my mom adopted and he is my little brother and he is biracial and we love him so much. His dad, my uncle Bill, was the nicest man my aunt ever dated. I am sorry if my open-mindedness makes other feel inadequate but it was how I was raised. Here are some pictures of me with my husband.

Nikki

Nikki

Nikki

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment